1. What is the Cost:
$50 per person for ages 4-14; $55 per person for ages 15 and up.
*Entry fees into Devils Fork State Park are extra: $4 ages 4-14; $8 ages 15-64; $5 ages 65 and older
Student discounts may be available upon request.
2. What is the Address:
Devils Fork State Park
Jocassee Lake Rd.
Salem, SC 29671
3. How many children need to be registered for the program to go?
A minimum of 6 people
4. Can a parent/caregiver join the program?
They can be placed on a waitlist – We want to avoid having more adults than children.
5. What is the maximum # of kids on a boat?
During Covid = 8. No more Covid = 10 to 12
6. How many educators/supervisors will be on the boat?
1 lead educator and 1 assistant.
7. Can someone book a Jocassee Wild Child private tour on any day?
Yes, as long as an educator and an assistant are available.
8. What is the curriculum?
The curriculum activities will vary each outing and can be modified for all ages. History, Geology, Rainforest, Wild Life, Climate, Ecology, etc. Curriculum meets the SC state standards.
9. Are the educators CPR/First Aid certified?
10. Can participants bring a lunch and drink?
Yes, absolutely. A healthy lunch is encouraged. We will have a dedicated time to eat either on the boat or on a beach. We offer water but children can bring their own too. But please no Soda-Pop!